dilluns, 15 de maig del 2017

GARY MOORE


Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! In this post I'm gonna talk about about music again, but this time it will not be about heavy metal, or covers , no. I'm gonna talk about Gary Moore, a Northern Irish musician which has become one of the best ( the best in my opinion ) blues guitarists of all time. Few time ago I knew nothing about this legend, but recently I've been listening a lot of blues music because I love the way the solos sound like and I wanted to look for some inspiration before start learning to play blues in the guitar, and this man records got absolutely everything I wanted from a song. We could say his songs are "chill and slowly" or at lest the rhythm of the most of them is, so you can follow it easily, but over one of that rhythms, you got a freaking cool solo with so much feeling in it. Some of my favorites Moore's songs are over 7 or 8 minutes, some of then over 10, so people who is used to listen pop music songs, that usually last from 3 to 4 minutes, maybe are not able to keep listening the "same thing" along this time, but I enjoy every single minute. His solos are just insane, positively talking, if you search for Gary Moore's concerts you'll be able to witness how easily he picks the guitar and starts playing masterpieces without holding back any second. It's kinda funny the way he acts and the face he puts when he's playing, because it looks like he is one with the guitar, and I can't even imagine the passion this man had to this instrument ...

Resultat d'imatges de gary moore

The thing is that some time ago I started liking this artist more and more and nowadays is one of the guitarists I admire the most. Another remarkable thing a lot of his work was just done by himself, he had a solo career, which is really impressive and shows a lot of bravery. But even that he is so underrated right now and I honestly don't know why...  Unfortunately, he died six years ago by a heart attack and with this post I just wanted to share my opinion of one of the most beautiful playing styles I ever heard... Rest in peace Gary "Windfingers" Moore.



In the minute 5:00 there is the part I like the most ...

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada