dimecres, 10 de maig del 2017

MY GAP YEAR, BEING A VOLUNTEER SPORTS COACH


If I was able to choose one of the possible gap years this webpage offers I'd probably go for this one. One year ago I had the opportunity to be coach of the Benjamin team of the Roses handball club, called Handbol Empordà, and I loved the experience! The only think that "disgusted" me was that it consumed a lot of my time... I had to go to Roses three days a week and stay there like all the afternoon, and I also had to be in the matches played on weekend! That's why I think this option of gap year is perfect for me, one of the most important things that gap years can offer you is time, to think, to take decisions, or just to relax yourself. In my case I'd love to use this time to repeat the experience of being coach but this time without having to be worried about my other matters as studies and this kind of things ... I honestly don't wouldn't care about the place I would go, it doesn't matter at all if the main objective is to repeat the coach experience, because the only thing you need  is a group of people who wants to collaborate and pass a great time...
Anyway, actually what you  need is a place to sleep and something to eat, so a great solution for that would be living as an aupair if somebody offered his services, that way the price of the gap year would decrease a lot.

Volunteer football coaching abroad

One of the disadvantages of this kind of gap year is that this is really complicated to take while you are in a studies period, basically because you'd have to dedicate time on thinking in trainings and all that stuff, and if you are not so organized this could be a really big mess ( that's what happened to me ). Another one is that you can't take part of this if you are a really shy person or if you haven't practiced sport in your life. The entire plan includes meeting people and trying to instill the values of sport in them so ...
Even all the inconveniences I think this a great way to pass a gap year. Few things are comparable to be able to witness people discovering how grate is practicing sport in a team for the first time, how do they work together and help each other, how the ones that are better try to help the worse ones ... That would be such a great experience that impacts really positively in your life and would give you a new perspective of what do the coaches of any sport feel when they are with his team.

http://www.igapyear.com/placements/volunteer-sports-coaching-abroad-2718.aspx

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada